What is Pronto?
Pronto! is a highly modularized GTK Mail Client written in Perl. Pronto! is Free Software released under the GPL License.
Here are some of Pronto!'s features:
- Full MBOX support, Pronto! can import your existing mbox folders and export to mbox.
- QMaildir support
- HTML Mail (read only)
- GtkHTML widget support, still supporting XmHTML by default.
- Built-in helpbrowser, as well as mini-browser if using GtkHTML.
- A smart addressbook that auto completes addresses for you if you type them partially in the To: field.
- Very configurable, tons of options and preferences to choose from.
- Message colorization based on quote symbols and their levels.
- Accepts command line args for integration with Netscape through Muttzilla.
- Spelling and Autospelling support. Compatible with Ispell and Aspell.
- Can make use of threads if your version of Perl is compiled with thread support.
- Multipart (MIME) support including inbound and outbound attachements.
- Hyperlinks that WORK! All mail is turned into a pseudo-html message, with active hyperlinks. http:// ftp:// and mailto: are supported. http and ftp load Netscape, mailto opens a new msg window in Pronto! POP3 compatibility.
- Uses the Perl DBI interface now, for database flexibility. You can now use any Perl DBI compliant database with Pronto!. Not just Postgres.
- Non-blocking mail transfers. Continue using Pronto! while your mail transfers in the background.
- Multiple POP3 Account support.
- Filters, including a new message scoring system, useful for maillists.
- Header viewpane
- Sig support. Each account can have a different sig.
- New messages counter
- New messages are configured to your preferences
- Auto-set reply address based on account used to DL message.
- Schedulable message transfers.
- Outbox for storing unsent outbound messages.
- Context Sensitive menus (Right Click)
- Sent Items Folder, Drafts folder.
- Message list sortable by From: Subj: and Date: fields (Just click the column header to sort by that column, click again to reverse the direction)
- Multiple message selection.
- Multiple folders.